- 8 to 10 Idli’s, cut into strips
- 1 cup capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of tomato ketchup or sweet
- A small bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- A small bunch of mint leaves
- A small bunch of Spring Onions
- Oil for cooking
- salt to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the Idli pieces until they are lightly crisp. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- the same pan add 2 teaspoons of oil, onions, capsicum, green chillies and saute them on medium heat until tender.
- This takes about 5 to 7 minutes. Then, add chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, turmeric powder, chilli powder and stir well. Saute until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Finally add tomato ketchup, the fried idli’s, the chopped coriander, mint leaves and Spring Onions.
- Stir fry on high heat until well combined just for about a minute. Turn off the heat and transfer the fried idli’s to a serving bowl and serve hot.