Ingredients for Gobi Manchurian
- 15 cauliflower florets of lemon size
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
Ingredients for Manchurian Sauce
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green chillies
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable/sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
Method for Manchurian
- Heat oil in a wok or a deep fryer
- In the meanwhile, dissolve the corn flour and all purpose flour along with pepper and salt in water.
- Add the cauliflower florets and mix until the florets get coated with the flour mixture.
- Add about 5 florets (or the amount your deep fryer /wok can hold) at a time into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain in paper towels. Keep aside.
Method for Sauce
- Mix the corn flour with ¼ cup of water. Add soya sauce, ketchup, chilli sauce and salt.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan on high heat; add garlic, ginger, green chillies, spring onions and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add the corn flour mixture to the above and cook for a few minutes until thick and the corn flour is cooked.
- Turn off heat. Toss the Fried Cauliflower with the Manchurian Sauce and serve.
- Garnish with spring onion leaves and extra green chillies if you like it spicy.
- Serve the Gobi Manchurian as an appetizer for parties with friends and family this holiday season.