TNEB has introduced the facility to make complaints through WhatsApp. For this purpose, district-wise WhatsApp numbers have been announced.
Generally the complaints, apart from power failure, are regarding damaged electric poles, non-burning street lights, damaged pillar-boxes, broken overhead electric wires fallen down, damaged cables, etc. Presently, this complaint calls are made by the consumers through call-centres.
Now, the facility to make these complaints on WhatsApp is being introduced. As per this, the district-wise WhatsApp numbers for making the above complaints:
- Chennai – 9445850829
- Kanchipuram and Thiruvallur – 9444371912
- Salem, Erode, and Namakkal – 9445851912
- Trichy, Thanjavur, Perambalur, Ariyalur, Pudhukkotti, Thiruvarur, Nagapattinam, and Karur – 9486111912
- Madurai, Theni, Dindigul, Theni, Ramanathapuram, and Sivagangai – 9443111912,
- Villupuram, Tiruvannamalai, and Cuddalore – 9445855768
- Kovai, Niligiri, and Tirupur – 9442111912,
- Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi, Kanyakumari, and Virudhunagar – 8903331912,
- Vellore, Dharmapuri, and Krishnagiri – 6380281341
TNEB has announced that the resident consumers in the above districts can make the electricity-related complaint to their respective districts WhatsApp number allotted as above.