Paneer Butter Masala
Ingredients for masala paste:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large sized onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large sized tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger – garlic paste
- 15 whole cashews
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup cream, full cream
- 9 pieces Paneer
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- Coriander Leaves For Garnish
Method of Paneer Butter Masala
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat butter and saute onions and ginger-garlic paste, further add tomatoes and cashews. saute till they turn mushy, make it cool completely and blend to smooth paste without adding any water. Keep it aside.
- Take an another Kadai heat butter and saute bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Add turmeric and chili powder and saute on very low flame for 20 seconds.
- Then, add prepared onion-tomato paste and saute 5 minutes cover it and simmer for 10 minutes or till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Additionally add coriander powder and salt to taste. Saute 5 minutes or till the raw smell of spices disappears.
- further add cream and mix well.
- Then add cubed paneer pieces and coat the gravy by mixing gently, cover it and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lastly add garam masala and kasuri methi. mix well. Then Garnish with Corainder Leaves.
- Finally, Paneer butter masala is ready to serve with roti or naan.